Hand Block Printing
- Hand Block is a generation-old technique by which a skilled artisan uses carefully carved wooden blocks to print exquisite patterns on fabric.
- Block printing is an art requiring steady movement and careful hand-eye coordination.
- There are imperfections due to involvement of human hands which enhances the beauty of this craft.
- Due to the handicraft nature, no 2 articles are 100% alike, hence you always get a unique product.
Hand Block Printing Process
Hand-Block technique involves a lot of steps, but here are some major steps to help you understand this art:
- A skilled artisan uses natural and abstract inspirations to carve a Wooden Block.
- The carved Wooden Block is then covered by color dyes.
- Artisan uses his hands to stamp the color covered block on the fabric.
- The fabric is then stitched to make various products.